Injuries can happen anytime and it is always beneficial for an individual to be well versed in the art of first aid. If you are an individual who is constantly on the go due to work or any other ordeal then knowledge to perform first aid can be very crucial sometimes. It might come in handy to help a fellow friend or even if you happen to unfortunately get injured yourself then skills of first aid treatment can be a life saver.
A big part of the knowledge revolving around this task has ample usage of medical gauze. It is the use of Gauze dressing and sterilized gauzes that enable first aid treatment possible in dire circumstances and hence an essential skill to have. The subsequent details are steps on how to effectively use medical gauze on a person and prevent eminent fatal threat from any sort of injury.
- If you happen to have an injury or witness one then the first order of business in this situation is to initially assess the damage done. How bad the injury is and if there are any cuts or bruises then are they fatal or not?
- Once these are determined see whether there is bleeding or not. If it’s a scrape or a scratch, not too deep into the skin, then you can start with using the medical gauze but if the cut is deep; other necessary things are to be done before using any bandages or gauze pads.
- In case of a deep cut and there is excessive bleeding, keep pressure on the wound or cut off the blood supply to the wound. Keeping pressure would reduce the puncture of the injury while if you are tightly tie a knot directly above the severed blood vessel then excessive bleeding could be reduced significantly.
- Do not initially use the gauze pads if there is heavy blood loss, just try to stop the bleeding first. Also do not worry about infections and refrain from cleaning the wound prior to stopping bleeding. If you stop the bleeding and unfortunately there has been some infection then that could be cured by antibiotics in the future. Therefore always take heed to excessive bleeding rather than cleaning the wound.
- The moment the bleeding is stopped and the wound cleaned, wrap the severed skin with medical gauzes to ensure that the wound does not inflict further injury and also does not get exposed.
- Medical gauzes are factory made with a strap on feature with each piece. Just put the bandage on top of the wound and wrap it around the skin to cover the injury.
- Do not put it too tightly so that there is hindrance in blood circulation but rather put it gently and then wrap it with bandage again.
- Refrain from tying knots and other customized handicrafts in applying the gauze pad successfully. If you need to close the bandage then use medical tape. If there is no medical tape on scene, then use a loose knot but replace it as soon as medical tape is procured.
- While changing dressings, replacing medical gauzes should be done in the same manner as mentioned.
- Call emergency services once you are done giving necessary first aid to the required individual.
Minimal Price: $ 0.02 0.02